NYIC VISTA positions
NYIC VISTAs are AmeriCorps VISTAs who - through the New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) - engage in a year of full-time paraprofessional service in an organization, where they work on communications, fundraising, program development and/or volunteer management projects for the purpose of building the organization's capacity to run immigrant-focused anti-poverty programs and services.
Term of Service
January 30, 2017 - January 29, 2018
During their year of service, NYIC VISTAs are supported with:
- living allowance (stipend - see the position descriptions at the bottom of this page for details);
- healthcare allowance ($6,850);
- choice of a year-end education award ($5,755) or cash stipend ($1,500);
- eligibility for benefits such as:
- relocation allowance (up to $1,000)
- settling-in allowance (up to $550)
- child care support (up to $400 per month per child)
- 3-day training on core skills/knowledge areas (e.g., leadership, social justice), NYIC VISTA focus areas (e.g., volunteer management, communications, fundraising) and immigration issues and their intersections with poverty issues;
- a webinar-based AmeriCorps VISTA pre-service orientation facilitated by the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS);
- monthly NYIC VISTA webinars;
- ongoing check-ins, guidance and support from the NYIC.
In order to be eligible for a NYIC VISTA position, one must be:
- 18 years of age or older;
- and a U.S. citizen, national, legal permanent resident, or DACA recipient.
If you have questions about the NYIC VISTA program, please contact New Americans Volunteer Coordinator Kiwi Grady at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or NYIC VISTA Leader Ariel Adler at email@example.com, and include the term "NYIC VISTA" in the subject line.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for a NYIC VISTA position, please follow the following steps:
- Create a MyAmeriCorps account at https://my.americorps.gov
- Sign into your MyAmeriCorps account
- Go to the MyAmeriCorps page for any NYIC VISTA position that you want to apply for. To find the position's MyAmeriCorps page, either click on the position's hyperlinked title in the next section of this page or run a search for the position using the MyAmeriCorps website's search engine (write "NYIC" in the Program field).
- Once you are on the position's MyAmeriCorps page, click on the Apply Now button.
OPEN NYIC VISTA POSITIONS
The NYIC currently does not have any open NYIC VISTA positions. Please check back in late January for new openings.