Support immigrant communities in their empowerment! Become an Immigration Navigator today!
"The (Navigator) training is indispensable in helping our communities to prepare and not panic during this moment of uncertainty, and protect them from fraud." - Immigration Navigator training participant
Immigration Navigators are individuals who support immigrant communities with Know Your Rights trainings and guidance on navigating the immigration system (e.g., preparing to meet with an immigration attorney).
Before entering their service, Immigration Navigators participate in a day-long training run by the NYIC. The trainings currently:
- cover topics such how to facilitate a Know Your Rights training for immigrants; immigration law; designing a family safety plan for potential interactions with law enforcement (e.g., ICE); fighting hate crimes; and much more!
- require participants to commit to a Statement of Principles.
- are free for nonprofit organizations! Local government agencies and for-profit organizations interested in attending should contact the email listed below for information on fees.
If you have questions about the Immigration Navigator program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTER FOR AN UPCOMING IMMIGRATION NAVIGATOR TRAINING
Click on a training's hyperlink to register. More trainings will be added to this list on a regular basis.
- Thursday, March 30 @ 9:30am - 5:30pm (Westchester County) (registration full)
- Saturday, April 1 @ 9:30am - 5:30pm (Buffalo)
- Sunday, April 2 @ 9:30am - 5:30pm (Syracuse)
- Tuesday, April 4 @ 9:30am - 5:30pm (Rochester)
- Friday, April 7 @ 9:30am - 5:30pm (Brooklyn)
- Thursday, April 20 @ 9:30am - 5:30pm (New York City) (registration is currently only open to people who registered for the canceled March 14 training)
- Friday, April 21 @ 9:30am - 5:30pm (New York City)
- Friday, May 12 @ 9:30am - 5:30pm (Queens)
HOST AN IMMIGRATION NAVIGATOR TRAINING
Is your organization interested in hosting an Immigration Navigator training for its staff, volunteers and partners? Host organizations are responsible for providing space and bringing at least 25 participants to the training. Click here to learn more information and to request hosting an Immmigration Navigator training.